- Studied Mechanical Engineering in Japan
- Studied Physics in Germany
- PhD in Physics at a German university
I draw on my extensive business experience in a wide range of industries, includingmedical and vacuum technology, clean room technology, ventilation and air conditioning systems, and the construction of industrial plant. I enjoy the challenge of transferring and applying this knowledge to other areas.
I have worked in companies of different sizes and structures at various levels of management in both Germany and Japan:
- Head of Department in a major Japanese corporation in Japan
- Sales and Marketing Manager for the Far East in various German companies (based in Germany)
- General Manager in a German-Japanese joint venture in Japan
- President and CEO of a Swiss-Japanese enterprise and of a Japanese company (in Japan)
My extensive industrial experience in various industries and corporate structures ensures that I am quick on the uptake and can rapidly adjust to changed circumstances. These qualities enable me to work with maximum efficiency for customers with diverse needs.
- Japanese native speaker
- German near native proficiency
- English fluent
“The collaboration with Dr Morikawa jump-started our entry into the Japanese market, from first contact right through to successful implementation. I am convinced that TechnoTrans can also give other companies the impetus for successful business in Japan. The focus of TechnoTrans is on building and expanding business in Japan all the way through to an established presence. Furthermore, TechnoTrans acts as a bridge between cultures and business practices. Dr Morikawa’s excellent command of German is exceptionally useful in overcoming not only linguistic but also cultural barriers.”
— Volker Sigwarth, CEO of SKAN AG
“When we started thinking about doing business in Japan, we asked ourselves the following questions:
• What is the true market potential?
• How do we get to know the right people?
• Who can we rely on to understand our language, to the extent that they can ‘read between the lines’?
• What are the pitfalls we may encounter?
• How much will it cost and how long will it take before our business model works in Japan?
Dr. H. Morikawa covered all of these points to our complete satisfaction. I can honestly say that I now understand the Japanese market!”
— Thomas Huber, Chief Management Officer at SKAN AG
“I have known Hiroshi Morikawa for almost 20 years as a highly reliable business partner who is characterised by outstanding sales and leadership skills. What makes his services so extraordinary is his solid knowledge of the German and Japanese markets, especially in the technical field. I can highly recommend his services as a consultant to any company that is aiming to establish itself in the Japanese market and is looking for a partner who will accompany them along the way with advice as well as practical support.”
— Volkmar Barthel, CEO of etna GmbH